News » 2018 Swimming Carnival InformationLast updated 1:25 PM on 5 February 2018
- Carnival is to be held this Wednesday, February 7, 2018 commencing at 9 a.m. Maclean Pool.
- Hawaiian theme dress up and join in the spirit of the day but NO CREPE PAPER OR BODY PAINTS. Coloured sun screens are allowed. FANCY DRESS PRIZES!!
- Most buses have been organised to drop off at Maclean Pool or the Boulevarde. If your bus drops off at school you will need to walk to Maclean Pool.
- Roll mark will take place inside the pool grounds at 9 a.m. As you arrive go to your year roll to have your name marked.
- Once inside the pool you may not leave until 3 p.m.
- Late arrivals require a signed note by a parent/carer which must be given to Mrs Kane inside the pool's main gate.
- At the conclusion of the carnival, buses collect students from the front of the pool and return to school for normal bus runs. If you live locally you can walk home.
- Admission is $3.00 for children and $1.50 adults (spectators) unless you are a season ticket holder for Maclean Pool.
- A coloured card must be completed by each competitor for each event on arriving at the marshalling area. It is important you write your first and family name identically each time you complete a card. All details must be complete, particularly your date of birth.
- Bring your own food on the day or purchase from the canteen or BBQ – egg and bacon roll, sausages and chicken burgers
- Students are not permitted to leave the pool during the carnival. If you need to leave early you require a note from your parents that you give to Mrs Kane in exchange for an Early Leaver's Pass during Roll Mark.
- Water pistols and inflated water toys are to be used by YEAR 12 ONLY.
- Check noticeboards outside the PDHPE staffroom for the program of events and current records.
- This is a day carnival so remember to slip, slop, slap and wrap and to drink plenty of water.
- Should the carnival need to be postponed please listen to 2GF/104.7 FM or look at the school Facebook page between 6.30 and 7.30 a.m.
- 200 metre Freestyle and Individual Medley for all ages will be held prior to the carnival at 7.30 a.m.
- First 2 places for all events qualify for the Northern Rivers Zone Carnival except for 200m Freestyle (1) and 50m Freestyle (4)
- Families are encouraged to attend.
Many thanks in anticipation of your cooperation
CHS Sport Coordinator
Schoolies Unearthed – Vietnam December 2019
Cambodia Community Service Tour – June/July 2019
Combined High Schools Tennis
Youth Pizza Night
Canteen Open Day
Open Girls Soccer – Round 2
Year 12 Sport, Lifestyle & Recreation- Whitewater Kayaking Trip.
Secondary Schools Student Leadership Program at Parliament House
Chess & Pizza Night