Australia's National Institute for Maritime Education, Research and Training provide lectures to Senior Students about applying mathematics in Maritime Engineering projects.
The aims of the session are to:
1. Apply the maths students are currently studying in real-life engineering applications.
2. Encourage the students to continue studying maths.
3. Show the students where studying maths can lead them in the future.
These lectures include, but are not limited to:
1. Integration - Ship Hydrostatics
2. Probability - Wind Farm Feasibility Study
3. Trigonometry - Wave Refraction
4. Differentiation - Vessel Speed in Waves
5. Superposition - Ocean Waves
6. Algebra - Scaling Laws
7. Curve Fitting - Vessel Design